Wednesday 20 March 2013

@protoje - I&I (Official Music Video) #rootsreggae #reggae

This is the official video for 'I&I' by Protoje from the album 'The 8 Year Affair'. Available on iTunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/i-i...

The 'I&I' video features the likes of Kabaka Pyramid, No-Maddz, Jesse Royal, Hempress Sativa, Jah9, Chronixx plus members of Zincfence, Pentateuch and Raging Fyah along with other familiar faces. Members of Protoje's band, The Indiggnation, are also prominent in various scenes.

What made the whole ordeal special was that it was more than just a mere music video shoot. According to author Dutty Bookman, who assisted with organizing the march, it was revolutionary action.

"The music video was more like a smokescreen," Bookman recalled. "We handed out some thought-provoking leaflets with inspiring words from Haile Selassie I, Marcus Garvey and Walter Rodney. I could see that drivers and pedestrians really appreciated the information they were receiving."

No comments:

Post a Comment